The relationship between Religion and Spirituality
What is Spirituality ?
Spirituality is a concept with many possibilities and perspectives. It generally includes a sense of link to a thing larger than what are and we can comprehend. It mostly require a need of searching for life's actual meaning. It is a therfore a global human belief that it is something that touches us all. Different people can describe a spiritual experience as sacred or transcendent or a deep sense of awareness and enlightenemt.
On the other hand, some of us find that spiritual life is sopphisticatedly linked to t our association with a religious place of worship or jathebandi. Some others may pray to find comfort in a personal relationship with God or a higher power. Most of us seek meaning through our connections to nature and existance around us. Similar to our sense of aim in life, our personal approach of spirituality may or may not change throughout our life, adapting to our own experiences and relationships.
For many, spirituality is a connection to a curosity about life and identity, that arise some questions such as:
- Am I really a good person and doing it right?
- What is the reason and solution to my suffering?
- How am I connected to the world surroinding me?
- Do all the things that are happening, do happen for some reason?
- What are the ways to live my life in Best Possible Way?
- How can I step higher in my spiritual journey?
Relationship between religion and spirituality
Spirituality may incorporate elements of religion, that is again a broader concept. Spirituality & Religion are two separate issues. But are they are not entirely distinct from each another. This replationship can be illustrated using a diagram below as overlapping circles:
- In spirituality, the questions are: where do I personally find meaning, connection, and value?
- In religion, the questions are: what is true and right?
Where the circles overlap is the individual experience, which affects the way you think, feel, and behave.
Emotional health and Spirituality
You can notice that many practices that advise for cultivating spirituality are essentially similar to what is recommended for better Emotional Health. That is dur to the connection between the spirituality and emotional wellbeing affect each another and overlap, as do all aspects of wellbeing.
- Spirituality is about seeking a meaningful connection with something bigger than yourself, which can result in healthy emotions, like peace, contentment, gratitude, awe, and acceptance.
- Emotional health is about developing a peacful and positive state of mind, that can widen your perspective to acknowledge and incorporate a connection to something beyond yourself.
Thus, emotions and spirituality are unique but rekated and deeply integrated with one another.
_Harjeet Singh, New Delhi. January 7th 2021
Donate for ParmesharDwar
Send your donations for Sewa and Projects being done by ParmesharDwar Gurmat Parchar Charitable Mission. Use the number below to send using PayTM or Google Pay.
Radio Dhadrianwale 24x7
Listen latest kirtan 24x7 by Bhai Ranjit Singh Ji Khalsa Dhadrianwale
Dhadrian wale Mobile Apps
"We dont live by actual message of Gurbani"
Sat siri Akal I have been hearing the videos by Sh Dhandiarvale.Your message that the God is within you is definitely the message by Guru Nanak throughout Gurbani. We are not living by it. I have been feeling that we have not understood gurbani and only going by the visible meanings of the Gurbani and do not go into depth of the words which are for Personal and Spiritual development of the man.
_ Major Surinder Singh, Punjab
Got something to share? Write us now!